5/03/2009

Buono! Kindai magazine Interview



Translation by Ayabie@JPH!P forums

--"The new single MY BOY (2009.04.29) is Buono!'s most fast-paced rock tune thus far!"
Airi: It's really fast-paced and aggressive. Not only that, but there's so many lines. That's why it doesn't really roll off the tongue...
Momoko: For example Airi goes "omidetou" instead of "omedetou". (lol)

--"Which is a given since Airi stutter a lot (lol)" (See C-ute's page in the previous volume.)
Airi: The recording this time was a real obstacle.
Momoko: Everyone kept twisting their tongues, which just made everything hard to catch. (lol) Though, Miya managed to sing everything smoothly. I didn't know she was a rapid talker.

--"Where are the main points of the song?"
Momoko: The fast pace is the first impression, but with the lyrics "Wouldn't you like being congratulated on coming to this world?" appearing, I couldn't help but feel empathetic since we received the song around my birthday. (lol)
Airi: The easily conveyed straight-foward lyrics, though I wouldn't really see it as a support song. It's just like talking. I can even imagine this coming from a girl at school (i.e a girl saying the lines that appear in the song). Like "No worries!". I'm like that sometimes myself. I believe the lyrics are something the listener can relate to.
Miyabi: Buono! have a lot of rockier songs, but the new single is the most aggressive one yet. It's got an image where you just imagine going all out on stage, so I'm excited about performing this live, and when that time comes I'll show off the rock side of Buono! and headbang with all I've got.

--"Speaking of live, you're scheduled for Stockholm Japan Expo '09! Thoughts on your first performance in Europe?"
Miyabi: I was really shocked when I got a mail that mentioned us going to Sweden. I was like "....... Awesome!" (lol)
Airi: I'm deeply moved. Ever since it was decided that we were heading for Sweden, I've been checking pamphlets at travel agencies and my mom looked up stuff for me at the internet. I found out that Stockholm was one of the model cities for "Kiki's delivery service" which I love, so with that in mind as well I'm just deeply moved.

--"Any resolutions before the live?"
Airi: I'll be sure to teach the people in Sweden of Buono!'s charm!
Miyabi: Even with the language barrier, I think the melodies and our performance will be conveyed!
Momoko: Since it's our first time in Sweden and everything, I want the locals to leave with a good impression of us such as "Buono! are cute!" and "I like this song!", also for the fans in Japan we'll do our best bringing back some fun stories that we can report about!

--"Now then, since we're on the subject, tell us about your individual unforgettable trips."
Momoko: A few years ago during the summer my family and I went to Nikkou by car. Then, in the morning a deer showed up on the road, which I thought was for my sake. Not only did we see deers in front of our eyes, but monkeys as well, just like a zoo. (lol)
Airi: As for something recent, my dad had a golf tournament in Hokkaidou. We weren't there for the purpose of watching him play, but the three of us went to Hokkaidou. Just feeling that we were at the same place was enough. It was a while ago since our last family trip, but the soft cream and chou creme that we ate at the milk factory were delicious. The corn were also really good... I'm just mentioning a bunch of food now, but that's what was most memorable. (lol)
Miyabi: I have really fond memories of our trip to Okinawa as Berryz Koubou. The sea was gorgeous and we took a lot of pictures. At the time of the trip I shared a room with Chinami, and even though the day had ended we just kept talking about all the fun stuff we did. Since we were at Okinawa because of work I didn't get to enter the water, so someday I'd like to head there during my own time and swim, do things I didn't get to do and just enjoy myself.
---
This was a great little interview! Though the Stockholm disappointment's unfortunate to say the least. It seems like they genuinely enjoy performing Buono!'s music which you can't always say for their other groups, So I'm happy about that. And a random sidenote about Momo's "Nikkou trip" comment- That came up in a Berikyuu! episode:



No comments:

Post a Comment